After a diagnosis it’s likely you’ll have to navigate an array of different thoughts, emotions and feelings. We want you to know that this is okay. 

As a parent, you may not agree with the findings, in which case you can request a second opinion.

You can do this by:

  • Going back to the GP. Tell them that you are not happy with the findings and that you would like your child to be referred elsewhere for a second opinion. 
  • Ask the diagnostic team to refer you on to a ‘specialist level of healthcare’ also known as a tertiary level service. This usually happens in ‘complex cases’ and does require additional funding. 
  • Seeking a private diagnosis.