If you think that a person may be autistic the first port of call will be your General Practitioner (GP). After the initial appointment your GP may decide to refer the person on to an autism diagnostic pathway or a different pathway if appropriate.

If your child is of school age, you could speak to the schools Special educational Needs Coordinator (SENCO), or if your child is under school age, speaking to your health visitor can help. 

When you visit the GP for the initial appointment take a list of things that are causing you concern, to discuss with your doctor.